Comment on page
Configure Activation Targets
Finally, you need to create activation targets for each of your destinations, in order to define exactly where data must be sent.
Connecting to a destination platform as we did in the last section is not enough to create your first syncs. Most destination platforms ask for additional parameters.
For instance, the ad account and the data type are required information to send data to Google Ads. On DinMo, these additional parameters are defined within an Activation Target.
Hence, in order to send data to destination platforms, you first need to create a corresponding Activation Target.
Here is how:
- 1.In the app, go to the "Destinations" section.
- 2.Click on the destination to which you want to sync data to.
- 3.Click "Create a new activation target"
- 5.Once you are done, hit "Continue".
- 6.Next, fill in the Default Sync. This will correspond to the configuration of the syncs proposed by default when creating an activation to this activation target. And don't worry, you will still be able to tailor the sync configuration for activations launched to this activation target. In this part, you will need to define the entity from which data are generally sent to this specific target. For audiences syncs, the entity would probably be the Customers. For events syncs, the corresponding entity may be the Orders, or the Web Events. For product syncs, the corresponding entity would be the product entity. You will then need to map the properties (in other words, the columns) of the chosen entity to the fields required by the destination platform. For instance, if the destination asks for the email address, it simply means that you need to indicate which property of the entity corresponds to the email address. Finally, define the standard sync frequency. By default, data will be synced at the chosen frequency.
- 6.Once you are done, hit "Save".
- 7.You can redo the process (now or later) for all the different activation targets you wish to create.
Congrats! You are now ready to sync data to the activation targets you just defined!