Comment on page
Create your first Segment
A segment is a sub part of an entity, which can be synced to destination platforms.
On DinMo, you need to create a segment in order to sync data to a destination platform.
To create a new segment, follow this setup sequence:
- 1.First, navigate to the Segment page and click on “New segment” on the upper right
- 2.Select the segment type you wish to create. It can either be a user segment, an event segment, or a product segment.
- 3.For this tutorial, select the visual builder to create your segment, which is a no-code tool allowing to build complex segments in a few clicks. Note that you could also use a SQL query to define your segment.
- 4.Select your parent entity, then put as many filters as you wish to create the target segment. Refer to this page for more information on the visual builder features.
- 5.Preview the data, and hit Continue if you are satisfied with your segment.
- 6.Name your segment, add a short description and optional tags to simplify the navigation.
- 7.Hit "Create".
Congrats, you’ve created your first segment! You are now ready to sync it to your preferred destination platforms.