Comment on page
Personalize your email campaigns on SendGrid with up-to-date data from your datawarehouse
Please do the following steps to add SendGrid as a destination in DinMo:
- 1.Go to the Destinations section in the navigation bar.
- 2.Click "Add a new destination".
- 3.Select "SendGrid".
- 4.Give a name to your destination.
- 5.Generate a new API key with full access on SendGrid. To do so, on the SendGrid platform, click on "API Keys" under the "Settings" section, then "Create API key". Copy the value of the generated key, and paste it on DinMo.
- 6.Click Continue, then Connect.
DinMo supports audiences sync to SendGrid. Audiences are exported as a Customer List on SendGrid.
After having connected your destination, to sync data to SendGrid, you are required to create an Activation Target corresponding to this service. Once done, you can then send segments to this activation target.
- 1.Navigate to the Destinations tab, and click on your SendGrid destination.
- 2.In the sidebar, click on "Create a new activation target", if none exists, or click on "New activation target" otherwise.
- 3.Name your Activation Target, for instance, "SendGrid Lists - US Account".
- 4.Select "Contact List" as the destination option.
- 5.Hit Continue.
- 6.Next, define the default activation setup. This setup will be used by default to activate segments, but you will be able to change it when creating advanced activations. Please define the default related entity - this will tell DinMo which type of data should be sent to the activation target.
- 7.Then, map the fields of this entity to the fields required by the destination service. Specify which property of your entity correspond to the email address.
- 8.Under the Scheduling options, choose the default time interval for syncing your segments to the destination. A daily sync is sufficient for most use cases.
- 9.Click "Continue," and then click "Create" to finish.
Now that you have properly configured your activation target, you are ready to sync data to this destination service. To do so:
- 1.Go to the Segments tab.
- 2.Click on the segment you wish to activate.
- 3.On the sidebar, click on "Activate", in the upper right.
- 4.Tick the SendGrid activation target corresponding to audience syncs. You can tick other activation targets, if you wish to create multiple activations at once.
- 5.If you want to not to use the default activation settings that has been defined in the activation target, click on Advanced, and make the necessary changes.
- 6.Hit Activate on the upper right, then, click on "Sync my activation", to start sending data right away.